This may be one of the most underestimated bundles offered in the Holiday Catalog. It is very simple at first glance but the hidden bonus is that it coordinates with the Painted Glass Bundle from the Annual Catalog. When I first saw this set, I couldn’t help but imagine in my mind’s eye, a great cathedral rose window of brilliant glass as the background with beams of golden light streaming down. Since the Graceful Glass vellum was offered as part of this suite — I couldn’t resist putting together what I think is a classic Christmas card.
I started by taking some very neutral colors (Night of Navy, Smoky Slate) as a background for the stained glass effect I wanted to achieve. Using the GRACEFUL GLASS Vellum and colored with the Stampin’ Blends markers to create a “stained glass” effect. I cut a “window” with the Layering Squares framelits. The structures that hold stained glass are called “cames” and are made of lead or copper. On the DSP the cames are the black outlines. The FRAMELITS used frame the DSP is cut out of Basic Black card stock. Gold thread and a star from the Star of Light framelits in Gold FOIL make the perfect embellishments.
BASIC STEPS FOR MAKING THIS CARD (consult tutorial for tips and details) :
- Night of Navy,
- Smoky Slate,
- Whisper White,
- Basic Black (with Multi-purpose adhesive sheet on the back)
- Graceful Glass Vellum Designer Series Paper
- Base Card is: Night of Navy = 5.5″ x 4.25
- Whisper White Matting = 5.25″x4″
- Smoky Slate for Window = 5″x 3.75″ (window is cut with layering Square)
- CUT square opening on the Smoky Slate piece using the LAYERING SQUARES (consult video for exact dimensions)
- Take both Basic Black Card Stock and Gold Foil and apply the back-side with a piece of the MULTI-PURPOSE ADHESIVE Sheet.
- Cut with the BIG SHOT both the BLACK window frames and the GOLD star.
- Select a piece of Graceful Glass 6″x6″ Designer Vellum and color with Stampin’ Blends Markers
STAMPIN’ BLENDS MARKERS:
- Recommended Colors for Coloring Vellum are:
- Real Red,
- Night of Navy,
- Shaded Spruce,
- and Daffodil Delight
- Stamp the “three kings” image with MOMENTO BLACK Ink and color using the same Stampin’ Blends Colors
- Apply Vegas Gold Shimmer Paint to the headwear, garments, and vessels with a fine tipped paint brush. The video tutorial provides steps and further details.
- Embellish the finished colored VELLUM “stained glass” with gold “accents” for added sparkle (watch video for details)
- Use GOLD THREAD tied around dimensionals (see the video for demonstration) to create “beams” from the GOLD Star which is cut from a STAR shape from the Starlight Thinlit Dies set.
OTHER PRODUCTS FEATURED:
Big Shot Platforms
Other Card Designs Made with These Products: